- “Content” refers to all content, information and materials on the MyLearningPathway website, including but not limited to resources, documents, links, photographs, videos, text and any other information, including your name and biographical data that you may submit to this site.
- “UN Women Team” refers to the staff responsible for the administration of the Site.
- Site” refers to the MyLearningPathway website at https://mylearningpathway.org.
- “UN Women” refers to the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women.
- “Users” refers to those individuals who access the Site and have registered and created a profile on the Site.
- “Visitors” refers to those individuals who access the Site but have not registered on the Site.
- You may use the Site and the Content for your non-commercial personal use and for no other purposes. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, redistribute, compile or creative derivative words, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any Content or part thereof posted on the Site.
- UN Women reserves the right to bar, restrict or suspend any Visitor/User’s access to the Site, and/or to terminate this license at any time for any reason.
Visitor and User Conduct
- You warrant that you will abide by, without limitation, all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations with respect to your use of the Site and not interfere with the use and enjoyment of the Site by other Visitors and Users or with UN Women’s operation and management of the Site. You agree to respect the integrity of the Site and its Content and refrain from seeking to gain unauthorized access.
- You will use the Site only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the Site. By way of example and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Site to:
- post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that are unlawful, harmful, violent, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, threatening, obscene, indecent, infringing of another’s privacy, or racially, religiously, ethnically or otherwise offensive, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that violates patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- post, transmit or otherwise make available any advertisement or offer to sell any goods or services, promotional materials, surveys, contests, chain letters, “spam” or any other form of solicitation or attempted solicitation, or download any file posted by another Visitor or User that knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such a manner;
- post, transmit or otherwise make available any content or resources that contains software viruses, corrupted files or any other files, software or programmes that may interrupt, damage or constrain the functionality of any computer software or hardware or any communications equipment; or
- disrupt the functioning of the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- You will provide, at all times, true, accurate, current, authorized, and complete information when submitting Content on the Site, including, without limitation, information required to be provided through the Site registration form in Article IV below. You warrant that you will not impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, when using the Site.
- UN Women reserves the right to terminate a Visitor/User’s access and use of the Site if he/she submits any false, inaccurate, untrue, unauthorized or incomplete information.
Member Account, Password and Security
- Certain features and areas of the Site are available only through registration and login. If you elect to register, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including by taking appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality, such as logging off and closing the Internet browser, especially when connected to the Internet through an unsecured network or when using a public computer.
- You will not give your personal login information to any third party to use under any circumstance. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. UN Women is not liable for any harm caused by or related to the theft, misappropriation, disclosure, or unauthorized use of personal login information.
- You will contact UN Women immediately at the address provided in Article XVII if you become aware of or believe there is or may have been any unauthorized use of personal login information, or otherwise wish to deactivate personal login information.
- UN Women does not claim ownership of any Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Site. However, with respect to Content submitted or made available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Site, including but not limited to the Content generated in any of the Site discussion boards and webinars and any photos, graphics, audio or video on the Site, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual and non-exclusive permission and consent to UN Women and others authorized by UN Women without compensation or attribution, to edit, use, distribute, reproduce or otherwise utilize the Content in whole or in part, by any means or methods now known or hereafter devised in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the purposes of achieving and promoting the goals of the Site, i.e. gender equality and women’s economic empowerment. You waive any right to inspect or approve the use of any Content by UN Women or others authorized by UN Women. You consent to UN Women’s doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Content which ma otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights.
- You acknowledge that all forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, you acknowledge that chats, postings, conferences, emails, comments, and other communications by other Visitors and Users are not endorsed by MyLearningPathway Team, UN Women, the United Nations or its Member States.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Content in this Site are of those individuals or entities who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the UN Women Team, UN Women, the United Nations or its Member States.
- UN Women has the right, but is not obligated, to pre-screen any Content posted or proposed to be posted on the Site.
- You warrant that the Content you submit does not infringe any third-party intellectual property rights. If necessary, you are solely responsible for taking all necessary steps, executing all necessary documents and generally assisting in securing such proprietary rights and transferring or licensing them to UN Women in compliance with the requirements herein.
- The Site contains copyrighted Content and/or other proprietary information that may be copyrighted by the partner organizations or third parties and, thus, are protected by copyright laws and international intellectual property regulations. You agree to acknowledge the original source(s) and the author(s) of any Content made available through the Site when redistributing, publishing, copying or using such Content for any other non-commercial exploitative purposes. Any unauthorized reproduction, publication, further distribution or public exhibition of the Content provided on the Site, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited.
Modifications to or Discontinuation of the Site
- UN Women reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue temporarily or permanently, the functioning and Content of the Site. UN Women has no obligation to take the needs of any User or Visitor into consideration in connection therewith.
- The Site will include links to other Websites or resources, such as Google Translate, for your convenience. UN Women is not responsible for the Content, or any translation thereof, including any images, graphics, video or audio materials, advertising products or other content available from such sites or resources. The inclusion of such links and other references does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by UN Women. The access to and use of third-party sites linked to the Site are at your sole own risk.
- Links posted by third parties to the Site and or Content may not use the UN Women logo and shall not suggest that UN Women promotes or otherwise endorses any third-party products, business relationships, services, causes, campaigns, Websites, content, or information. Any links to any portion of the Sites shall be the responsibility of the linking party. UN Women reserves the right to require any linking party to disable or remove any link that violates UN Women policies, rights or cause interruption or deterioration of the Content.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- The Site and Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any representation or warranty that:
- the Site or Content or any search results that you may obtain is complete, accurate, reliable or non-infringing;
- access to the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
- the quality of any Content obtained through the Site will meet your expectations; or
- the Content will remain unchanged or accessible on the Site.
- All warranties, express or implied, are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law including and without limitation, any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of intellectual property.
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
- The use of the Site is at your sole risk. UN Women is not liable for any conduct of any Visitor/User.
- UN Women and its partners shall not be liable and disclaim any liability, for any claim, loss or damage, direct or indirect, including, without limitation, compensatory, consequential, incidental, indirect, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever in connection with, as a result of, or arising:
- out of the use of or inability to use the Site and/or any Content;
- from any interruption in the availability of the Site and/or Content;
- from any loss of data and/or from any equipment failure;
- from unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
- from statements or conduct of any third party on the Site;
- from any delay or failure of the Site;
- out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on the Content;
- out of any third-party materials, information contained on or accessed through the Site;
- out of any other matter relating to the Site or Content.
- The Site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. UN Women does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any Visitor or User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance on any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither UN Women nor its partners, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to you for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration or use of any content herein, or for its timelessness or completeness, not shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
Settlement of Disputes
Preservation of Immunities
- Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of UN Women and the United Nations, which are specifically reserved.
Modification, Term and Termination