This course provides an introduction to the concepts, international framework, and methods for working toward gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The course is aimed at UN staff and anyone interested in gender issues.
It consists of three core modules:
- Module 1: Gender concepts
- Module 2: International frameworks of gender equality
- Module 3: Promoting gender equality throughout the UN system
It is available in the online UN Women Training Centre, which is open to all.
The link above will take you to the UN Women Training Centre home page. To take the course, you first have to Register on the site. Then:
- Go to Trainings and in the list of 'Self-paced' courses, find
I Know Gender 1-2-3: Gender Concepts to get Started; International Frameworks for Gender Equality; and Promoting Gender Equality throughout the UN System
Click Enroll. This will take you to your 'shopping' cart (NB the course is free).
Click Finish enroll.
- Click Take the course and obtain your completion certificate.